Tuesday 20 March 2007

E-Bay.... The Great Rock and Roll Swindle!!

"I am an antichrist and I am an anarchist" Who would have thought that 30 years on from this iconic line that corporate America would have such a grip on the UK music industry? I remember a time when to go to a gig or a festival you went to the venue or sent a postal order and your ticket arrived and you PAID THE PRICE ON THE TICKET. I remeber a trip to the Lyceum to buy my ticket for The Smiths in the eighties that was a day out on it's own and my reward was the greatest gig of my life, or was it The Bunymen at the Albert Hall? Anyway I digress I paid the price that the promotor intended, I bought a T-shirt drunk a litre of snake bite and didn't need to sell my Gran to afford it. Now, if I was stupid enough to leave it too late or decide at the last minute that I fancied a night out I took my chances and paid over the odds to a tout up the road from the venue on the night.

Fast forward if you will to this weeks release of Reading Festival Tickets. I now have a 21 year old son who his hoping to make his 3rd trip to Reading with his girlfriend who he met at Reading and my 15 year old son keen for his first festival experience. You know whats coming next, official site, sold out in minutes, HMV sold out in minutes. However as if by magic over 600 3 night camping tickets appeared on E-Bay within hours of the tickets going on sale. Desperate people are paying up to 3 times the face value, wankers!

This con must be stopped you idiots must stop caving in and paying con men enough money to go out and buy up the next lot of tickets you want. You are feeding their nasty lifestyles and they are robbing you blind. STOP IT NOW!!

Promoters: Do something about it, control the sale of tickets, use your imagination you are negligent in your lack of efforts where this kind of nonsense goes on. People are paying you face value to sell your tickets on for twice the price. Charge a bit extra and make sure the person that buys the ticket goes to the gig. Shame on you!

E-Bay: You are complicit in fraud. Most tickets say not to be sold for more than face value. I have enough evidence to sue your arses off if I had the financial backing. Get some backbone and refuse to sell concert tickets for more than face value. You are a fucking disgrace.

Public: Just stop it, what are you thinking? Tell your friends, refuse to comply, do not offer any more than face value to these parasites. Spread the word, give music back to the people who just want to go and enjoy it without lining some lazy, greasy ner-do-well stay press pockets. Fagin had more integrity than these arse wipes. If you miss out on the odd gig, so what. REFUSE TO PAY ANYONE MORE THAN FACE VALUE AND START NOW!

Johnny Rotten did not enrich all our lives for us to stand back and cave in to the internet machine and the evil that is E-Bay. Sid Vicious didn't wave his gun and belt out "My Way" because he liked Old Blue Eyes. He really did it "His Way" and for a tenner you could stand and be gobbed at, real value for money. I would like to lock E-Bay member ticketstogigs and his £300 Reading tickets in a room with Sid, Nancy and a loaded gun and let him try and convince them that what he's doing is anti establishment.

"Anarchay at the E-Bay" (not great I know but you get the point!)

No comments: